Sunday, April 30, 2006

Coolest Mask Ever... and Jessi-cat

Like I wrote in the last post, this weekend is Buddha's birthday. We were out yesterday near Insadong to checkout the festivities. There was a big parade with floats and lots of dudes banging drums and bells. I guess Buddha is into that scene. While I we were there, I picked up what is arguably the coolest mask I've ever seen. The Koreans have all kinds of masks that they use for traditional ceremonies and dances etc. Check these out:


My brother and I have been picking up strange masks ever since he found his illustrious "devil" mask in Mexico several years back. So we've both amassed a little collection since then, but the one that I scored yesterday blows them all away. Check out this monster:



Wow! Can you believe that!? I don't know if you can make out all the details on it, but there's a big dragon on the face, two over the eyes, and two other faces on top of the head over each eye. It was a little pricey, but where else are you going to find something like this?

On an unrelated note, Jessica was transformed today into "Jessicat". Luckily, I happened to have a video camera nearby to witness this startling metamorphosis. Behold:



No comments: