Saturday, October 28, 2006

Still in USA

Due to an unexpected roadblock, I'm still in the U.S. Turns out, Jessica and Aidan need a visa in order to live in Italy. I should have known. They needed one for Korea, so they should have needed one for Italy. The big problem is that they need to have the "official" U.S. passport (the brown one) not the standard blue "tourist" passport, which they have.

As it happens, the turn around time for these official passports is 4-6 weeks. So we submitted that paperwork recently and they will have to wait here in the states while I travel forward to Italy. I'm going to miss them both, but it'll give me the opportunity to have everything straightened out so they can have a smooth arrival when they come. I really feel bad for Jessica, because she's going to have to travel to Italy by herself with Aidan. He's can really be a handful at times, especially when you are by yourself.

So I'm departing Monday for Italy. I'll arrive in Venice on Tuesday, 1200 local. Ah, Venice. I'm going to have my camera with me, so I'll put up some pictures when I arrive. Keep posted!

No comments: