Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shout Outs

Happy Easter!

Also, a quick couple of shout outs to some fellow bloggers.

My friend Eric Y. has a annually updated blog that has a web comic on it. I don't know if it qualifies as a web comic per se, since he originally drew them back in the early nineties before the internet is what it is today. Nevertheless, he's since dug up these old strips and put them up on a blog of his. Take a look-- That Old Goat. My hope is that the surge of traffic from this megalith of a site will spur him onward to actually create some new content for the strip. For the record, I'd like to see one featuring the ghost of Natasha Richardson. You know, something light and topical.

Another friend of mine, Cory aka Bart B., has a couple of blogs out there. I'd like to draw your attention to his latest(?) one: Under the Muck. Cory's pretty good about keeping the updates fresh and content-packed. He writes about the bands that didn't quite make it in the biz. Acts that maybe had a hit here or there, but just didn't break on through to the national scene. Cory used to (still does, maybe) write for Pitchfork Media, which is a hipster music review vehicle, so he knows what he's talking about. Lots of the music over there isn't really my scene (which happens to be atonal acapella groups), but Cory makes it interesting and fun to read.

Check 'em out!

2 comments:

cdb said...

Hey thanks for the shout out, Joel! If any of your readers like old punk, metal, or classic rock, they'll surely find something enjoyable to listen to.

And for the record, Under the Muck is the only music-related writing I do these days. I haven't written for Pitchfork in a coupl'a years now.

I do have another blog that I update infrequently, but still, if your readers enjoy seeing people make funny faces at sporting events, they should check out http://battotheface.blogspot.com. It's a good time.

FIZZBAT said...

Thanks for the mention. I'll will be posting every Wednesday going forward. This year I'm really trying to get this ball rolling.