Monday, November 21, 2005

We're the white people in the back- way back


This is a still from a commercial for our apartment building. I am sure you can tell, because you can totally see the high rise where we live featured prominently in this photo. The ad campaign slogan is, "Smile in your life." OK!
I have received some requests for more of a back story on us- where we live, what we do, etc. So, I will try to give the TV Guide version of the past month.
We arrived in Seoul on October 13th, after a 15-hour plane ride. We stayed at a super nice Army hotel called the Dragon Hill Lodge for 10 days while we searched for apartments, cars, and phones. We found an awesome apartment in Hannamdong, right by Yongsan Army post, where Joel is working in a staff position. Our place is 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths- about 1000 sq. feet. With only the Army-issue furniture, we have plenty of room.
I am teaching English three nights a week- one night is kids, and the other two are with a group of businessmen. We have a nanny/housekeeper that comes over for a couple of hours, between when I leave and Joel comes home. Aidan seems to like her and I love a clean house. It's good for now, but we don't have much family time in the evenings. I am keeping my ears open for different options.
I am still in school, trying to get my Master's degree so I can be a "real" teacher, hopefully by the time we get back to the states. Aidan is in some play groups, and Joel is taking a Korean language class and starting a kendo class. We're really into the extra-curricular activities here!
Hope that fills everyone in a little more. As you can see, I do take requests, so send them on over.

No comments: