Friday, November 14, 2008

Hipsters, help me understand...

Let's just get down to it- WHY?????



This is actually my listing. I was searching for a tea set for Ava for Christmas, and somehow I came across a set of six POM tea glasses, with no lids, that were selling for over $60. I have no idea what the final price was, but I can not imagine why someone would pay so much for used drink containers. For those not in the know, these are just the containers that the tea comes in when you buy it at the store- like the old glass milk bottles. Whatever the reason, I'm cashing in.

A few months ago, I had a bunch of these, and thought they were cool, so I saved them. When we moved, Joel freaked out that I had moved "trash" to another country. I saved six and recycled the rest. So, now those six remaining glasses will finance a huge chunk of the kid's Christmas gifts. AWESOME!! To quote Steve Carell on The Office, "How do you tell someone you care about, 'I told you so?'" Indeed.

Oh, and to any hipsters reading this- ahem, Byroms- here is the link for you to get your bid on.

4 comments:

Kelly Byrom said...

That is just baffling...I mean if these were those old character glasses that you got at McDonalds, well then I could understand.

But I must say the Byroms got a shout out... w00t w00t. take that Kelleys!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the most puzzling thing about this auction is that I could go to Kroger right now and buy 6 Pom Tea glasses for less than 31 dollars, and they'd come with tea. God bless eBay.

Jessica said...

Are you sure?? They recently switched from the glasses to plastic bottles, hence the hype. If they are there, though, cash in!!$$!!$$

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, well that makes a little more sense then. I'll look tomorrow when I'm at the store.