Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So maybe we've been ignoring you...

But we have lots of great reasons!!

1. I made another quilt. It is not your average t-shirt quilt, made from Aidan's old shirts and jammies. I was waiting to get some non-Spiderman materials, but I gave up and just made it. The front was 100% free- well, let's say the cost was covered by Aidan's wardrobe allowance- and the back is an old set of Spiderman sheets. The binding is from a bed skirt (which I didn't need) that came with a bedspread (which I did). I used this recycled plastic material as the batting because the fabric store here was out of Warm and Natural, my usual pick. Anyway, he really likes it and that's what counts.2. I started my student teaching! Yay! I am hella busy, but it is the final phase of my program, so I am pushing through to get this done. I am working with a 7th grade English language Arts teacher on post, whom I like well enough. The biggest part of this is that I am also trying to get my certification in Georgia (huge pain), because...

3. Joel was accepted into the Bioengineering Master's program at GA Tech!! Yay!!! We are still trying to figure out how everything is going to work, but it is pretty much a done deal that we'll be in GA in the fall. Of course, this is going to be a hectic move... Joel is allowed to leave the Army around August 8th and he starts school a week later; I need to find a job and a house and cars and daycare and kindergarten by myself before Joel gets to town. So, wish me luck!

4. We went to Belgium and Holland with some friends last weekend. It was fun, but a little hectic with six kids and six adults travelling between three countries. We went to a fun flea market in a Belgium town called Tongeren, and then ran across the boarder to a town in Holland where my friends lived several years ago so we could peek at a windmill.

Also, we are switching phone companies, so we didn't have Internet or phone for a while there... but all is good now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more excited that you guys are coming back to GA. I hope you'll be looking for a place on the southside. We need friends here!

When it gets closer, I'll be more than happy to assist any way I can, even like checking out houses or apartments and sending pics your way or whatever. Moving was hectic for us and we only moved 30 miles. I can't imagine what you guys will be facing.

Great news, though! Congrats Joel, even if this means you're not going to be an astronaut.

Kelly Byrom said...

yes!!!!!!

we are pumped! there is a house for sale on our street, we could be neighbors! bring on the springers!

Brizmo said...

Don't listen to those freaks. If you move to PTC, they take away your right to vote in national elections. And you constantly have to watch out for the mutant coyotes: they eat children. Atlanta is where it's at. You don't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours to get to Classical Math Methods in Engineering anyway. I'LL SEND VIDEO of your future house and there are at least HALF A DOZEN houses on our street for sale! Buy two if you like: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/02/18/emptycity0218.html

Jessica said...

Well, first of all, let me tell you how much I'm enjoying being fought over. Second, we are a little torn between getting a $10k foreclosure ghetto home and living close to grandma and grandpa, aka free babysitters. We're still weighing our options, but feel free to persuade us with gifts and attention.

Anonymous said...

Assuming Ma and Pa Springer still live where they used to, they're literally 10 minutes from us. And having babysitters 10 minutes away is FANTASTIC. Trust us.

Bryan's not giving you the full story on those atl houses. Sure, they might look like deals, but every one of them was built on top of an old indian burial ground, and the rumor is the builders only removed the tombstones, not the actual graves.

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you guys are moving back! I hear ya on the babysitter thing but, hey, 30 minutes from F'ville ain't bad. Besides, do you really want to be running into Jason Banks and Michael Conley all the time in the grocery store? I didn't think so. Move to the ATL!

Wonderful quilt, BTW, Jessica. You're a sewing genius.

Can't wait to have you guys back. No matter where you decide...

Anonymous said...

pfff, 30 minutes. It's 45 at least.

Brizmo said...

30 minutes to Fayettenam, 3 score minutes to PTC, on the account of the old people in the fast lane and waiting for golf carts. Both distances are insufficient buffers for family obligations.

I've found quantity of Applebees in your hometown and happiness to be inversely proportional. And outside the perimeter, they don't take kindly to foreigners, which, I have to say, the 2 younglings are. Atlanta welcomes our deutsche freunde ed amici italiano.

Paul and Laurie said...

Hello Mrs. Springer! Hope you had a good weekend! I'm praying the rain goes away soon! Lets plan something sometime soon if our hectic lives allow! Talk to you later...