Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jam Packed

That's what my apartment looks like right now. Stuffed to the rafters with sticky, delicious jam. Mmmm... jam.

Actually, it's filled with moving boxes. Right now, about 60 of them. There's probably another 60 coming in about two weeks. The place seemed really spacious before all our junk cluttered the place up. I guess when it's all put away, it'll seem a little better.

As I'm going through the boxes, I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk". At first, my reaction is, "What is all this junk. I don't need any of this stuff!" Then I open a couple of boxes and find some things for the kitchen. "Except for these mixing bowls. But that's it!" On to the living room. "And this DVD player. Just these mixing bowls and this DVD player." It continues ad nauseum. I guess we just have a lot of stuff.

I've also been building a kitchen since our place was without one. We ordered some stuff and it came in big flat boxes, which I had to open and transport upstairs to assemble. At that point, picking out the thick solid birch countertops started to seem like a mistake. But I managed. Here's a little "from conception to completion" for you. This is from the kitchen planner software that I used to figure out the layout of this thing.



And here's an almost complete kitchen.



Pretty good, right? That's a one-man show in one day. And the one song that was in my head throughout the time that I was putting it together was Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing".

We got to install microwave ovens/
Custom kitchen deliveries


It was a long day, but it won't be long before our place starts to come together and we can finally settle into that long winters nap I've been hearing so much about.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Geez, no posts in year 2007 yet? Talk about sub par blog performance.

For some real laughs and hardhitting issues, check out
Spring-a-licious