Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Coolest Letterhead Ever

If you remember, I wrote earlier about the unexpected email I received from the Army that said that I had passed the first astronaut selection board and that they were going to send my application on to NASA for the next phase of selection. Well, I was surprised again to receive this awesome letter from the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center:



For those that can't read from the photo, it says:

Dear CAPT Springer:

We have received you application for the Astronaut Candidate Program from the U.S. Army. You will be notified of any decisions concerning your application.


There's more there about updating my application, but nothing of interest.

So there you have it. I'm in the running to be an astronaut. We'll see where this goes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. I've already told several people "Hey, a friend of mine applied to be an astronaut, and his application was passed along to the appropriate people at Nasa.

Seriously, don't fuck this up for me. I'm expecting you to get in.

Jennifer said...

I, too, am putting all of my eggs in this basket. If you don't get accepted, I'm pretty sure none of the rest of our friends have a chance.

Anonymous said...

I've had to try really hard not to call that "if you have any questions" number and ask if the moon is really made of cheese or ask about the shadows on the so-called "moon landing" pictures.

Anonymous said...

Forget about the shadows; ask them about the alien bases there. Don't get me started.

jade said...

Joel, you're living my childhood dream...or coming closer to it than anyone else I know has. If I could echo Cory, please don't fuck this up.

Seriously.