Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Who saw this coming?

I received this email in my inbox on Monday morning:

Congratulations. The Army has submitted your application to NASA for consideration for the Astronaut Candidate Program. You will receive an official letter from our office, but with the closing date coming up I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.

Here's some background: I received an unsolicited bulk email from the Army back in February notifying everyone that the Army was holding it's Astronaut Candidate Selection Board in June. At the time, I hated my job and I was trying ANYTHING to get out of it. I thought, "this might work," and submitted my application for the program. I didn't expect it to go anywhere. While I do have the educational background that they wanted, I didn't think that I had the professional experience that they were looking for.

I guess the Army thinks that I have the "right stuff" and pushed me to the NASA selection. I don't really expect it to go any further, but I didn't expect it to go this far either. Who knows? Maybe I'll have to change the name of this blog to "I Heart Freeze-Dried Ice Cream"?

No comments: