Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sad Tree is Sad

Christmas time is always fun around here, but it has to come to an end eventually. Jessica took all the ornaments off the tree yesterday and packed them up for next year.

We had a real tree this year, but when I brought it home I discovered that we did not have a tree stand. I rushed off to the store, but the only place that I thought would have one was sold out. No problem; I bought a large planting pot and set to remedy the situation. A little potting soil and indoor gardening later, the tree was successfully potted. The only problem is that the pot doesn't hold the tree too well. It has a tendency to tilt when Santa's little helpers get a little over-enthused with tree trimming.

So after Jessica stripped the tree down, it was bumped from it's usual upright alignment and slouched against the back wall. This prompted Jessica to comment that this was the "saddest tree ever". I disagreed. It was sad, but not the saddest; not yet. I went to work with some of Aidan's reams of construction paper and birthed this creation:



Now that's a sad tree!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow- it kinda makes me feel a little bit better about the naked tree. Which, I always find really sad, too. Happy New Years (as I saw on a sign in L5P today).