Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Name Game

Things are finally coming to a close here on my little trip away from home. We should wrap up on Friday, but I won't be coming home until Saturday. Stinks.

On a lighter note, I've got a small collection of funny Army names that I've noted while I'm down here that I wanted bring to your attention. In the military, you run across many names that, when paired up with the appropriate rank, suddenly become a big ha-ha. These are actual people that work around me in the Army, for those that are curious about whether I'm just spouting off names.

The first one is Major Risk. She's a medical planner and verges on paranoid. The name doesn't necessarily describe her to a T. It'd be better if she was some sort of reckless pilot-type.

Next is my personal favorite: Colonel Sanders. This one probably needs no explanation, but whenever I see him I can't help but think of the line from Spaceballs. "What's the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?"

The last one is maybe a little inappropriate for our younger readers. It's Major Wood. As in, "Watch out, that team has Major Wood." Har-de-har-har.

Well, that's all I got. I'll keep me eye out for more. Until then.

No comments: