Friday, August 18, 2006

Snakes on a Plane Arrives!!

I'm so excited. The world premiere of "Snakes on a Plane" is finally here!

Oh, wait.

I'm in Korea, and in some dumb exercise where I don't have any access to a movie theater.

Shit.

But that doesn' t have to mean that I can't take part in the hype over this Academy Award shoe-in. (or is it shoo-in? not sure) Take a look over at the dude from Snakes on a Blog. He's spent almost a year plugging this movie and got some pictures from the premiere in Hollywood. From the 41+ comments at the bottom of his entry, I'm guessing people enjoyed it.

Let's take a look over at Rotten Tomatoes and see what they have to say. Holy crap!! While the snooty critics only gave the film 76% (still not too shabby), the users have stepped up and given the film 96%!!! Some of the choicer comments include:

The greatest movie of all time? It's up there.

and

This movie makes Titanic look like Gigli

So it's pretty clear that the people love it. But what about you, our dear readers? Please tell me someone out there has had the pleasure of seeing this movie? If so, how was it? I'll review your reviews and post the best one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can't be as good as the 20 year movie, no way.