Thursday, November 09, 2006

Get Out of the City!

After finally cracking a way to transfer pictures off my camera and onto the internet, I am pleased to present to you a small offering of pictures from Vicenza.

There are only four right now, due to my time limit running out on the shared computers that I'm having to use right now. I was in the middle of uploading these when they guy running the room told me my time was up. I tried to stall a couple of minutes so that the rest of them could finish uploading, but people were waiting and I didn't want to be that guy.

These four shots are all from the roughly the same area. This is in the heart of Vicenza on a bridge that crosses over a canal through the city. The big plaza is about a block away and is the official centtro of the city.




Here's the right bank of the canal. I'm standing on the bridge over the water when I took this picture




Left bank of the same canal.




This is the reverse of the canal. I've turned 180 on the bridge and shot the other way.

This is a bell tower that jutes up from somewhere deep in town. There aren't really any tall building here, so these towers act as great reference points when you're wondering downtown.

I've got some more pictures from this Saturday morning that I was downtown, but I'll have to get them up today sometime. I can't wait for my computer to arrive so I can have dedicated access and not have to keep schleping over here to the library like a homeless man.

No comments: