Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Italian Spraypaint

Last weekend, I drove out to Venice just because I could. I didn't really have a plan; only to drive east until I hit the city. Instead of taking the cold, industrial Autostrada, I took backroads and saw the countryside along the way. While passing through one town, I happened upon this huge mural of graffiti.



It was executed so beautifully, that I stopped to take a couple of pictures. There was a nice continuity to the whole wall; I'm guess the same guy or guys did the whole thing. Here's a couple of details from the wall. I call this first one, "Termite Termination" or "A funny thing happened to me on the way to the saw mill".



I'm not sure who's winning this battle. The treeman looks like he's about to go down for the count, but does Guy with an Axe have what it takes to finish the job?



I wouldn't have gone with an anthropomorphic "Fonzie Cat" depicted on what appears to be a postage stamp, but I think it works here.



The building that these were on was some sort of wood mill, but the way. That explains the "wood" theme that seems to be carried throughout the mural.

1 comment: