Thursday, April 03, 2008

Campaign Songs, Part 2

So that last Hillary song maybe wasn't the stuff of legend. Just a crappy voice over a slideshow with some boring campaign stills; nothing really wow-ing me. Good thing there's a lot more Hill-dog supporters out there! I guess I would ask you to watch this through first, in its entirety, before reading down "after the break". PS- using "after the break" on you blog is totally played out.



Now that you've seen that, consider this: someone had to conceive of that idea, someone had to write that song, someone had to organize the singers/musicians/"dancers", someone had to set up a practice, someone had to get those "Hillary" t-shirts made, someone had to set up the lights, someone had to film it, someone had to take that film and edit it, and finally someone had to load it up on YouTube. And what was the end result of all those people's effort? A load of crap. I'm torn between wishing them all the most violent of deaths, or endlessly pitying them for being involved in that abomination. I guess I'll go with the former.

For comparison, here's one of the more popular Obama campaign songs. I could give two craps about celebrity endorsements, but if you're making a campaign song it helps to get will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas to do it. More so than whoever made the Hillary one.



Looks like Obama wins this round. But in the name of fairness, I think I should show the "Obama girl" video to illustrate that it's not all Grammy-winning production in the Obama camp. They've got their sleazy-side too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sadly (happily?), I could only make it through the Obama girl video.