Friday, April 04, 2008

Campaign Songs, Part 3

The past two posts have focused on the Dems, but I'm sure many of you are wondering, "What about Johnny Mac?" Don't worry folks; today's his day.

Now I'll be the first to admit that it hasn't been as easy to hunt down the McCain songs as easily as it has been for Hillary and Obama. I've got my theories on why that is. For starters, he's an older guy and probably not in touch with the whole "intertubes" thing. Probably saw Andy Rooney saying something about it on the 60 Minutes. Perhaps, when you're 70+ years old, it's difficult to embrace the greatest information sharing medium the world has ever seen. It's understandable; I'm sure he's having a hard time figuring out these new "cellular telephones" too. But I digress. For whatever reason, there isn't the deluge of supporter made songs out there for McCain. There was this gem, written and sung by a loyal supporter in his living room:



I'll give him an A for earnestly, but that's about it. [Insert "don't quit your day job" joke here]

Next there's this one, which has a pretty good production value and makes parody of the Obama "Yes We Can" video. Unfortunately for McCain, it also parodies him. Still pretty funny, though.



Now this one I'm a little stumped on. I'm not sure if it's pro-McCain or anti-McCain. There's not a lot of substance to it; like the first Hillary video, it's just a song played over a slideshow. Now this particular one uses some more elaborate transitions and some special visual effects on the pictures, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Let me caution you before you give it a listen: it gets stuck in your head easily. You've been warned. Having said that, on with the video!



going insane for the McCain campaign, going insane for the McCain campaign, going...

No comments: