Friday, April 18, 2008

Les enfants en Paris

Last week, we went to Paris for spring break. Before you get too jealous, we ALL went to Paris. Somehow, even Paris loses some of its luster with a crying baby strapped to your side and a hungry four year old begging to go to "Uncle Donald's." Again.
Well, I'm really exaggerating... the kids did very well, considering. It really was beautiful, although the weather didn't quite cooperate. It was still a little cold- in fact, it started snowing while we were on the top of Notre Dame. Proof:
I'm including this one of me only because I really like it, and it's my blog, so there.We did all of the big things, but we also tried to take some breaks for the kids. We took Aidan to Luxemburg Gardens for the puppet show (and little sail boats, but it was closed), which he liked enough, but it was really no match for the huge, awesome playground right next to it. They also had a super-cute track and old-style pedal cars for a euro a ride (U.S. $2.80)- here is Aidan taking a trip around the track.
The puppet show is a whole other post, to follow. Eventually. And I was kidding about the exchange rate- it probably won't be that bad for another couple of weeks.
Another big highlight for Aidan was the impromptu canoe ride at Versailles. I am so paranoid about the children drowning, it is a miracle that Joel convinced me to get into the boat at all, let alone without a baby lifejacket. At least this little boy was wearing one:Joel is bending down so I can get Aidan's picture. It was actually a nice ride once I calmed down. My mom said that my grandfather was at Versailles after the war, so I am anxious to talk to him about it.
Of course, the big news was that Ava decided to start walking in Paris! What a fancy baby. We thought she might do it while we were in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence a few weeks ago, which would have been a good enough story, but she was holding out for Paris, I guess. She isn't quite doing it in this picture, but it gives you an idea.

Enough for now, I suppose. I will work on the puppet show info...crazy French.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun! Love the picture of Ava in the laundry room! She's so cute. Aidan looks like he had lots of fun on spring break. Sure beats Florida!