Saturday, September 13, 2008

Copyright Infringement?

Today we were at MediaWorld (think German Best Buy) over in Mannheim, looking for someone to repair our camera. Jessica had accidentally dropped it on our trip to Burgundy and it broke. When I asked at the service counter, the the Germans said they could repair it, but to the tune of €150. Thanks, but no thanks Fritz.

Anyway, right next to the service counter at there was a life size cut out of this strange dude:



WTF, right? My german is a little rusty, but the phrase "Das kauf ich euch ab" translates to something like "I buy that you on". What does that mean? I have no idea.

Who's idea was this? Does this seem like it'd be a great ad campaign? But after looking at this guy for a while, it struck me that I've seen this guy's look before. Does this face ring a bell??



Napoleon Dynamite? Is that you? I guess that Napoleon Dynamite sequel never panned out like he'd hoped. At least he's working.

No comments: