Sunday, February 25, 2007

The One-Room-at-a-Time Project


Since we moved here in December, people have been asking for pictures of our house. First, this was impossible because we had no Internet connection, and then because the house was full of moving boxes. At this point, I am running out of excuses to cover up my real reason, which is that my house is never really clean enough for pictures. So, I've decided to launch the one-room-at-a-time project, in which I clean up one room, at the expense of all others, and take a picture. For the first installment, I present the kitchen: Tah dah!!
When Joel first looked at this house, there was only one cabinet with a sink. Through an arrangement with the Army and the landlady, Joel was able to pick out all of our cabinets/etc from IKEA, and he installed them all himself, with only minor help from me and his parents. Amazing, huh?? Smart AND handy!

I was going with "colorful/ethnic" as my decorating inspiration; we had such a plethora of Asian tchotchkies that they really spilled into every room. Over the sink is my teapot collection- from Japan, Cambodia, China, China, and Japan, from the let to the right. Hopefully Euros drink a lot of tea, too, so we can add to it as we travel over here. The kitchen table is against the island, but you can't really see it in the pictures.

Anyway, look for more exciting rooms to follow...at some point...

No comments: