Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Plus-size modeling

The last time I was pregnant, Joel was deployed to Iraq and so no one was really around to take any pictures of me pregnant. There was actually only one picture- my friend's mom and sister were in town, and asked me to meet them at IHOP early in the morning before they left town. I woke up late and ran over there looking an absolute mess. One of them took my picture and emailed it to Joel in Iraq. If I can find it, I'll post it here, but just take my word for it that I'm sure it was not what Joel was hoping to see after not seeing me for months.
So, after seeing my friends' artsy pre-baby pictures, I asked Joel to take a nice picture of me. I figured that we'd better do it now, since I only have 9 weeks to go! We went out to the backyard on a sunny day and took 150 pictures... and about 15 are good ones. Have I mentioned how un-photogenic I am??
I know that Joel really enjoys me posting goofy pictures of myself, so here I am checking myself out between pictures:


And here is one of the nice pictures. When you picture me in your head, try to remember this picture and not what I looked like after that sweaty hike, or when I had too much to drink at your Christmas party, or any other less attractive moment:

No comments: