Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter and the Computer on Fire

Well, the good news is that it looks like I have again narrowly escaped divorce. Joel took the news very well. The bad news, though, is that I set the computer on fire. How, you may ask? Well, long story short, I switched the power setting from 115 volts to 220 and burned up the power supply. It made a hissing noise, and then smoke and sparks starting coming out of it. I kind of freaked out, but at least I didn't "pour a bunch of water on it," which is what Joel guessed I might have done. No, I unplugged everything and took it out on the balcony, at which time it seemed to calm down and not escalate into a house fire. Phew!

So, I still have the laptop, until I spill a coke into the keyboard or it gets too wet from the steam when I listen to radio shows online while I take a shower (just kidding, I don't do that... anymore). Joel will be back in a few weeks, and hopefully he can salvage parts of the old one and cobble together a new frankenstein computer, like he does every six months anyway.

On a side note, I took Aidan to see the new Harry Potter on post, and I had to take Ava, too. Some guy sitting behind us in the theatre mentioned LOUDLY a few times something about "finding a babysitter," and I took a huge leap in assuming that he might be talking about me. Excuse me, but isn't Harry Potter for children?!? He's the one that should have stayed at home if he can't stand the sight of babies. It costs $4 for adults/free for kids to see a movie- Dear jerk, I'm sorry if I ruined your movie experience; here's a five, keep the change, baby hater.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Jessica! i just got in touch with your blog through Dana. Anyhow, I read several posts (not just this one) but i thought this one was funny only because it sounds like something i'd do and i probably WOULD pour water on it! i miss you tons. andrew and i are now at camp humphreys it is pretty much the most country place i've ever been to in my life!

your daugher ava is BEAUTIFUL. i am so happy now that you have a boy and a girl...koreans always say that is the perfect family because of the balance. AND i'm sure it is fabulous being able to shop and buy all the adorable girl clothes.

email me sometime hughes_chantal@yahoo.com

oh hahaha by the way this is chantal