Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Unfancy Christmas

After seeing jenniferpants' beautiful tree, I wanted to post a picture of mine so she can see what a few years of kids means to your holiday decorating. It's not pretty.
I have just given up on anything glass on the tree, even though I continue to buy expensive, beautiful hand-blown ornaments over here. One day, I keep telling myself. Anyway, we decided to make a paper chain and gingerbread cookies for the ornaments, to supplement the one box of fabric ornaments I had from last year. We also stuck on the stockings. Here is the tree just after trimming:
Strangely, our cookie men developed some kind of gingerbread leprosy, because we noticed this on the tree:
Hmmm... good thing we didn't make that popcorn string that we had talked about, or some little mouse would have been too full for dinner for about a week.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to have our own child-friendly xmas tree! Sadly, the last adult tree we will have for a while took an early December turn for the worse. We forgot to cut the bottom off of the trunk and no water has been slurped up by the tree since day one in our home. Yikes, this tree looks sad. And is possibly going to catch fire before Tuesday. :)

Jessica said...

I was going to respond, but it was too long. Check my next blog post.