Monday, December 03, 2007

Take this job...

My job stinks. I know I've probably said that in some form or another to everyone I know, but I want to re-iterate it. Every day that goes by, I get a little dumber and I loose a little bit more of my faith in humanity. Today I sat in on a briefing on my organization's plan to "transform". I've sat in on many, many, many briefs like this one, but this one was the biggest waste of time that I've ever been a part of. No one in that room benefited from anything that was said. Nobody. Not even a little benefit. Two hours that I'll never get back. Two hours closer to my death. But as I'm sitting there, I thought that it would be a good idea to illustrate my progressive disillusionment with my job over the years. So here's what I cooked up:



Finally! Something useful that I've created with all my Powerpoint skills! Of interest is how as time has progressed and my job satisfaction has decreased, my satisfaction with the place that I'm living has grown. In fact, I'm ecstatic about living in Italy now. Now if I could only get a different job...

2 comments:

Brizmo said...

I love infographics. The correlation between job happiness and place is too strong to ignore. Move back to Alabama for ultimate job happiness!

Jessica said...

For God's sake, Bryan, please keep comments like that to yourself!!!