Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Very Lethal Christmas

We got some great gifts this Christmas. Thanks to everyone that sent us some goodies. I know it can be a hassle to send things overseas to us, but your efforts are appreciated.

There was one gift, however, that was unintentionally funnier than it was intended. It came in a box that Aidan got which had several other toys in it. This one toy immediately stood out from among its peers.



It's an old-style G.I. Joe; the 12-inch tall variety. He's got on a real fabric uniform and he also came with a hat. He also has what appears to be a fatal chest wound. The view from behind shows that it was a "through and through."



Now everyone knows that some soldiers die, but does this fact have to be so clearly illustrated on Christmas morning? Not to mention that this particular guy is wearing a 101st patch. That's the same patch that I wear on my right sleeve. Is this like one of those voodoo dolls? Maybe its a mob message? I better start checking my brake line before I got to work in the morning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are you guys gonna update your blog? I'm out of the army in 5 months!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jessica from Bowie. This is Uncle Scott and Pap Pap looking in on your page. You better get this army due off of here soon before Mimi sees it or she is gonna give you heck :)

Love you


Scott and Pap Pap

P.S. Pap Pap says this is not a GI JOE it is one of his little people that turned on him.