Friday, December 21, 2007

Paperbot

One of my main reasons for having children was to have an excuse to do crafts. In that spirit, Aidan and I (mostly I) made this robot from construction paper one day, just for the hell of it. I made the body, cut and shaped the limbs, and glued on the sequin "controls." Aidan glued on the arms. Later, he brought it out to me and said, "I made a face on the robot." I was nervous that he had ruined it, but when I saw the mouth he had drawn, I thought it looked like a sound wave, which was really funny and appropriate for a robot mouth. Now that his arm has been damaged, and he is inching closer and closer to art project heaven (also called the trash can), it has taken on a nervous expression that I think is just perfect.

1 comment:

Kelly Byrom said...

hilarious...

the nerve of that kid almost ruining your paper robot.

kids