Sunday, August 17, 2008

Germany WTF??!?

So I've been thinking about splitting off and starting a new blog that focuses on the wacky and f-ed up things that we come across in Germany. Jessica talked me out of it, but I'd like to submit this finding to our audience.

We live in Mannheim and it's a good sized city. We get pretty big-name bands coming through here. REM, Linkin Park, Stevie Wonder. So there's no shortage of the band posters around the streets advertising the shows that are coming up. Now, every band that comes around can't be REM. There's got to be some B-listers that come through M-town too. And those B-listers have their own posters plastered around town as well. And this post is about one of them.

So apparently there's a German techno group floating around called Lexy and K-Paul. Let me start by saying that I'm not a "techno" guy. I don't really "get" it. I've tried to listen to it, and I enjoy it on a extremely superficial level. I can dance to it, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about house, jungle, drum & bass, trance, etc. I know there's supposed to be some sort of distinction between those, and even with the great B.K. trying to explain it to me, I'm totally at a loss to tell the difference. That being said, these two clowns may be the next greatest techno DJ group to come out of Germany. But I doubt it.

Anyway, they're coming to Mannheim soon. And there's these posters up all over town hawking their show. The picture on this poster has really bugged me for the last couple of days. I don't get what it is they're going for. I've got the picture, minus all the show data. I guess it came off their latest CD "Ponyboy".



Why are they in their underwear? Why are they wearing feathered headbands? Why (and this might be the part that I don't understand the most) are they in that ridiculous "prancing" pose? Are they gay? That would explain a lot, except that I don't think that's the case. I think the explanation is a little case of "WTF Germany"?!?!

1 comment:

Brizmo said...

YAH! Der Lexy and K-Paul is tha scheiße! Dey put the bee costume on und honey comes out da stinger!