Friday, August 22, 2008

Jokes and Jokes and Jokes and Jokes

Joel says a lot of really funny things when we're just hanging out at home, alone, with no audience, so I wanted to give him some credit. Here's what you've all been missing out on while he's stuck in the Army instead of on his comedy club tour.

Last night, I was reading a guidebook for our upcoming trip to France. Innocently, I decided to share some interesting information with Joel, and this is the following dialog:
me: Joel, it says here that if the royal family of Monaco runs out of male heirs, the country will become part of France again.
Joel: Yeah, I already knew that.
me: What?! WHERE did you possibly hear that, Monaco Heirs Magazine??
Joel: No, I think it was Modern Male Heirs of Monaco Monthly Magazine. Or, M²HM³.

Ha ha! It turns out that he was thinking of something else I told him (see, I'm, full of information!) about San Marino, an Italian microstate. I had heard somewhere that the country was full of wealthy old men, and that the government had made some restrictions about the men marrying foreign gold-digging women. However, I did not find any support for this online, so it's probably fake. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Are you going to France sometime between September 14-28??