Monday, March 06, 2006

Hawaii: Not Just for Elvis Anymore

I'm a little stressed this week, as I'm still trying to recover from our vacation to Hawaii, so don't look for any cleaver comments in this post, just vacation photos. And poor sentence structure.

One of the first things we did was go on a hike through what I guess I can call a tropical rain forest to a waterfall. At the top of the mountain, we stopped to take a couple of pictures:

Between the five adults, we brought two video cameras and two still cameras, one of which was also capable of taking video, and three cell phones. Ah, to be away from it all!!

Surprisingly, we had the beach to ourselves, for the most part. Here is Aidan enjoying the lonely water at Waikiki Beach:

We didn't breathe in Hawaii unless Frommer's recommended it, thanks to Justin's careful research, although I found several of the activities "so last year":

In case you didn't get that joke, it's a 2005 copy of Frommer's Hawaii. Ha ha, I'm hilarious.

After Justin left, we really had fun! Friday, we climbed Diamondhead-here I am at the top, with the crater behind me.


Of course, it's a different experience hiking with a 30-lb weight on your back:


After a week, we felt like natives. Here I am trying to blend in:


Joel took it a step further:


It was especially nice for us to be able to go with babysitters- I mean, family. Here we are at the hotel:


All in all, it was an awesome trip. I just encourage everyone to go now, while it's still "indie," before everyone finds out about this new 50th state. Hope you all enjoy the pictures and aren't too jealous. By the way, Tab, how about some of the Caymans??

No comments: