Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall Arts and Crap

My "friend" Mandy once described my decorating style as "arts and crap," but I prefer to describe it instead as having Martha Stewart-aspirations. I guess there's not a lot difference, only the skill level. Anyway, I had Aidan work on some fall decorations I wanted made (one more reason to have children: slave labor). Here is the centerpiece we made by cutting leaves out of construction paper and painting them.






We first got the leaves wet and crumpled them, then let them dry before proceeding to step two, the paining. I like to call this the "dirty water" technique: Aidan got the paint brush wet and then dipped in about five colors of water color paint. It made the leaves look really mottled. And awesome.





Here is a wreath Aidan made, using the same technique, except not crumpling first. We glued the leaves on a cardboard circle. Cheap!

No comments: