Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lake Garda, Part II


I've never been to a lake in the states, so I really have nothing to compare to this one, but it was really unbelievable. The view was ridiculous; just see the pictures. The water was cold, but not freezing, and super clean. I also really liked how the area around the lake was grass, so we could lay Ava down without her getting sandy. My only complaint was that the shore is made of rocks, and it hurt my feet to walk out and once in the water, the rocks were really slippery. Next time I'll have to figure out some kind of water shoe situation.
There were also olive trees all over. It gave the area a really sweet smell and the trees shaded the beach area. Awesome! Joel was checking them out for snacks, but they were really small. I think the olive harvest is in the late fall, like October or November.

No comments: