Wednesday, September 12, 2007

War-stache

I don't know what it is about being deployed in Iraq, but it makes soldiers want to grow their mustaches out. Plenty of guys do it. When I was deployed in 2003, I sported one for a couple of months. I kept it until it got thick and collected so much Iraqi sand and dust that anything I ate tasted like dirt. To be honest, the food wasn't that delectable to begin with, but you've got to have standards.

So I wasn't too surprised when my brother Justin sent me this picture of his Iraqi war-stache.



Nice, right? For comparison, here's my profile pic with a artificial mustache. Notice the family resemblance? Uncanny, I know. Although I think I do look a little more sophisticated in my picture. Look at that sublime eyebrow raise. Goosebumps!

No comments: